Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mughlai Chicken with Rice Pilaf and Pomegranate Raita





After watching Nigella last week on TV seductively making this North Indian curry buffet as she called it I was hooked on the idea of trying it although I was a bit sceptical if the richness of the chicken and the sweetness of the raita would suit our taste buds. After today's meal I am pleasantly surprised as all the flavours simply came together and what a meal it was! The rice on its own was superb, I made in the rice cooker and since I didn't have basmati rice I used normal rice.

The recipes can be found at www.foodnetwork.com. I varied the chicken by using breast and thigh pieces, I used ghee instead of oil, I added ghee in the rice preparation as well and I used more chili flakes, more ground almond, more water to grind the paste for the chicken and some flour to thicken the gravy at the end.

3 comments:

yanmaneee said...

fila
jordan shoes
hermes
air jordan
cheap nba jerseys
kyrie 6
jordan 13
vapormax
jordan shoes
jordan retro

seffees said...

click reference louis vuitton replica my review here this content find more info click here now

Unknown said...

Continued y7e95h6u99 high end replica bags replica bags philippines greenhills important source r8k83r9n02 replica gucci handbags replica bags toronto replica bags blog visit here v1l49y4s92 louis vuitton replica bags neverfull